harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][classlib] unification of eclipse plugin
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2006 00:50:33 GMT

Vladimir Gorr wrote:

>> I'm going to punt here so I can move on.
>>
>> I'll make a copy of the plugin code in DRLVM, and apply the patch, so we
>

> All you're going (if I've correctly understood) to is automatically
> performed by the DRLVM build system.
> All we need is to remove the VM specific code from the Eclipse launcher to
> use it by any of VMs.
> In this case there are no needs to have this patch and we'll remove it. Are
> you agree with such approach?

I'm not quite sure what you're saying.

What I want to do is remove the patch, and remove the patching action by
the DRLVM build system.  I then want to have the DRLVM build stop
fetching the terabyte of eclipse SDK that it does now (we have a JIRA to
fix that).  But I didn't want to break anyone who happens to be using
the eclipse plugin for DRLVM.

So I was going to bring the code for the eclipse plugin from classlib
into DRLVM (and patch it as necessary) - temporarily - until we get
DRLVM using the launcher, and then it's moot - we can throw it out, and
just use the one from classlib (and move it out of there into /tools or
something)

geir

P.S. I'm an IDEA user.  IDEA just lets me point at the JRE directory I
want to use for execution and debugging, and it figures it out. Good
IDEA, huh?  Hopefully Eclipse will one day do this.