harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Contribution of the HTML sub-component of the SWING component
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:41:33 GMT
Ivanov, Alexey A wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to announce the contribution of javax.swing.text.html package
> on behalf of Intel. The archive can be found here:

Nice!

> The contribution includes new files implementing HTML text functionality
> and a small patch for already existing files in javax.swing to integrate
> the new code.
>
> The package is incomplete, the code there is not sufficient to enable
> those nice help windows in jEdit... yet. If anyone wants to help making
> it complete, you have an excellent chance to do so!
>
> For the biggest issue, there is no HTML parser. Some tags are not
> supported yet, such as AREA, MAP, APPLET, IFRAME, OBJECT, PARAM and some
> others, as well as incomplete support of CSS1 properties. The list of
> known issues and TODOs can be found in the README file included in the
> contribution, as well as the building and testing instructions.
>
> Please don't hesitate to contact me for more details if needed, and I
> intend to keep working on this package in Harmony.

Have you considered using Andy Clark's CyberNeko HTML parsing extension
to Xerces as an HTML parser?

 http://people.apache.org/~andyc/neko/doc/html/index.html

It works on top of Xerces (which we ship already), it works great (can
turn any HTML into a DOM), it's pure java and it has a compatible license.

--
Stefano.