harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][classlib] unification of eclipse plugin
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 12:44:00 GMT

Vladimir Gorr wrote:
> Indeed we need to re-base the plugin patch for DRLVM due to the recent
> changes (renaming ij to java).
> However all 'hacks' cannot be removed due to the original sources of plugin
> refer to the clearvm library
> DRLVM doesn't suppose to have. We will post these change a little later (we
> need to make sure all works).
> Is next Monday suitable for you?

I don't need a patch (I can figure out the ij->java issues - select with
mouse, cut, save) as much as some understanding that the whole 'clearvm'
thing and the hacks around it are not harmful.  Clearly this isn't
optimal, and will need to be refactored, but I just want someone who
knows eclipse and J9 (hint, Tim, hint) to say "sure, go for it"

geir