harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [off-topic] From a Klingon programmer...
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:12:18 GMT

Top 10 things likely to be overheard from a Klingon Programmer

10. Specifications are for the weak and timid!

 9. You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you
stand!

 8. Indentation?! - I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!

 7. What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software
'releases'. Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of designers
and quality assurance people in its wake.

 6. Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have
'arguments' - and they ALWAYS WIN THEM.

 5. Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak.

 4. A TRUE Klingon Warrior does not comment on his code!

 3. Klingon software does NOT have BUGS. It has FEATURES, and those
features are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand.

 2. You cannot truly appreciate Dilbert unless you've read it in the
original Klingon.

 1. Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it!
Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!

geir