harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [classlib] choose one [x-net] || [security] for HARMONY-536 (JSSE provider)
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 19:04:32 GMT
I'm integrating HARMONY-536, the JSSE provider.  Two things:

1) it's contributed to go into x-net, but the package namespace is

  o.a.h.security.provider.jsse

so I wonder if this would be better off in the security module.  If not,
we are stuck because we don't have a 'negative' patternset for jar
packaging, so it's getting sucked into security jar right now anyway :)

2) I have a little test proggie that shows that it's negotiating w/ the
other side, but given we have no cacerts, it whines and gives up. (It's
a reasonable whine...)  Lazily and naively, I threw the cacerts from
Sun's JRE into jre/lib/security and prayed, but the security deities are
not smiling on me today.  So, where does/what format/etc/etc should our
root cert file go?

geir