harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Status of drlvm
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:10:13 GMT

Salikh Zakirov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone share their experience on running DRLVM built from SVN?
>
> On my workstations, it requires several fixes in order to run properly:
>
> HARMONY-898 'workaround to get correct hythr.dll' (both for Linux and Windows)
> HARMONY-853 'DRLVM+classlib segfaults in hyzlib' (on Linux)
>
> Without HARMONY-898, DRLVM segfaults after reading NULL from TLS.
> Without HARMONY-853, DRLVM segfaults in libhyzlib.so on Linux.

Odd - I don't think I have those problems, since the tests that do run
pass on my box.  Adding a test to show this would be good.

I'd like to see us figure out the hythr problem, since 898 is a hack to
just work around what seems to be an important issue.  can we grind this
one out?

The zlib seems reasonable, I guess.

> I would suggest that the patches from HARMONY-898 and HARMONY-853 be applied,
> because DRLVM doesn't work at all for me without these fixes.

I'll do the second, and maybe you can convince me to do the first :)
But we really should figure this out.  If classlib needs one, and drlvm
needs another, we have a problem...

> Any other experiences? Is anyone besides me running DRLVM from SVN?

There's no other way to run it since we don't distribute a binary yet.
That would be a good to do this week.

geir