harmony-dev mailing list archives

From George Harley <george.c.har...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] HARMONY-88 misses source file for MockJavaBean2.class
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 17:39:29 GMT
Hi Mikhail,

You are probably already aware of this but the tests that use the
SerClassLoader custom class loader result in a StackOverflowError when
run against the RI. The overridden implementation of
findResource(String) calls getResource(String) which, according to the
spec, may end up calling into findResource(String) and so on...

Fixing up the original version of the BeanTest class (i.e. before
revision 421204) is quite straightforward really. I'm happy to check it
in but if you want to go with a custom class loader approach then that's
equally fine IMHO. I just think that it would be nice though if the
tests could be run on both Harmony and the RI.

What do you think ?

Best regards,
George