harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Method and format of java.util.concurrent proposal
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:52:23 GMT
Nathan Beyer wrote:
> I'm getting close to having the initial proposal for integrating the
> java.util.concurrent code from Doug Lea's web site for Harmony's class
> library complete and need a few questions answered.

Can you give us a clue about what you are doing/thinking?

I'm assuming that we will need some unsafe natives to support the
existing concurrent impl.  We have some direct OS memory manipulation in
LUNI, and some CAS in the MISC module, but we don't have VM-specific
object manipulation yet (I'm interested in getting these in tho').

Regards,
Tim

> How should I submit it?
> . Check in the code as the 'concurrent' module and go from there?
> . Check in the code outside of the modules folder?
> . Submit it as a JIRA issue?
>
> How should I format the code with regards to the copyright statements?
>       For source that wasn't modified (about half of the files):
> 		. Add the ASF v2 comment before/after the public domain
> comments?
> 		. Replace the public domain comment with the ASF v2 comment?
> 	For source that was modified:
> 		. Add the ASF v2 comment before/after the public domain
> comments?
> 		. Replace the public domain comment with the ASF v2 comment?
>
> -Nathan

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.