harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][security]unexpected null for java.security.UnresolvedPermission.getUnresolvedCerts()
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:18:34 GMT
Boris Kuznetsov (JIRA) wrote:
>     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-734?page=comments#action_12420271
]

> Boris Kuznetsov commented on HARMONY-734:
>
> The method getUnresolvedCerts() spec. says:
> Returns:
> the signer certificates for the underlying permission that has not been resolved, or
null, if there are no signer certificates.

> So, if array passed to constructor contains no certificates then getUnresolvedCerts should
return null.
> But RI returns array of nulls.
>
> Harmony's implementation comply with spec.
> I suggest move this issue to Non-bug difference from RI.

If anyone has a different opinion about this, speak up -- otherwise it
is being closed as Boris suggests.

This would be a breaking difference to the RI for apps that try to
iterate over the results.

Regards,
Tim

>> [classlib][security]unexpected null for java.security.UnresolvedPermission.getUnresolvedCerts()
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>          Key: HARMONY-734
>>      Project: Harmony
>>         Type: Bug
>
>>   Components: Classlib
>>     Reporter: Vladimir Ivanov
>>  Attachments: UnresolvedPermissionTest.patch
>>
>> The Harmony returns null for java.security.UnresolvedPermission.getUnresolvedCerts()
while RI returns valid array.
>> ===================== test.java =======================
>> import java.security.*;
>> import java.security.cert.Certificate;
>> public class test  {
>>     public static void main (String[] args) {
>>          System.out.println("getUnresolvedCerts() = " + new UnresolvedPermission("a","b","c",new
Certificate[20]).getUnresolvedCerts());
>>     }
>> }
>> Output:
>> C:\tmp\tmp17>C:\jrockit-jdk1.5.0-windows-ia32\bin\java.exe -showversion test
>> java version "1.5.0"
>> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0-b64)
>> BEA WebLogic JRockit(R) (build dra-38972-20041208-2001-win-ia32, R25.0.0-75, GC:
System optimized over throughput (initial strategy singleparpar))

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.