harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Testing conventions - a proposal
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:53:50 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> Oliver Deakin wrote:
>
>> George Harley wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Just seen Tim's note on test support classes and it really caught my
>>> attention as I have been mulling over this issue for a little while
>>> now. I think that it is a good time for us to return to the topic of
>>> class library test layouts.
>>>
>>> The current proposal [1] sets out to segment our different types of
>>> test by placing them in different file locations.
>>>
>> ok - on closer reading of this document, I have a few gripes...
>>
>> First, what happened to the Maven layout we agreed on a while ago?
>>

> "Maven layout"?  We were doing that layout in Jakarta projects long
> before maven....

Interesting - I hadn't realised that was the case. However, it still
doesn't explain the missing "java" directory ;)

> This is a fun thread.  I plan to read it from end to end later today and
> comment.
>
> Initial thoughts are that I've been wanting to use TestNG for months
> (hence my resistance to any JUnit deps more than we needed to) and
> second, annotations won't solve our problems.  More later :)

No, annotations will not solve *all* our problems - but, as you probably
already know, they may solve some of those recently discussed on this
list when used in conjunction with TestNG (such as platform specific
tests, test exclusions etc.).

Regards,
Oliver

> geir