harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy, Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: portlib functionality
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 02:15:10 GMT
Marina Goldburt wrote:
> Tim, Paulex,
>
>> Will look at the file locking later...And I'm sure there are other
>> things worthing evaluation to be portlib extension.
>
> And what is the way to extend the portlib functionality? If we add all the
> missing functions to the HyPortLibrary structure, the structure will grow
> awfully. And, as I understand, every change in the structure leads to vm
> recompilation.
>
> I can prepare a patch that moves platform-dependent file I/O operations
> from
> luni/luni to luni/port submodule. Is it will be useful?
>
> Marina

A great idea! :) But as I know, some of the methods are a bit complex
and require well-design on api, e.g., selectImpl() in luni, which was
written into one method in Harmony native code, but IMHO if removes into
portlib, it must be separated into two or three methods, and should be
design carefully. So I suggest more discussion on this. :)

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv
China Software Development Lab, IBM