harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <thunderax...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] debug compilation as default
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2006 17:13:57 GMT
Ivan Volosyuk skrev  den 08-07-2006 00:35:
> Working on different projects, I've found out that Java programmers
> and C programmers have different habits. Java programmers likes ant,
> Linux/C programmers - make. I am C programmer :)
> If we going to do all the build ant-way, let's use cpptask as DRLVM
> does. But I will not sign up under that task - I can deal with
> makefile based build system, but I have quite little knowledge of ant
> to do that task.
Personally I think that it will be easier to use other C IDE's if the
project uses Makefiles since that is what historically has been used for
that purpose.

Make and ant are to me very different in how you think when using it -
make is in terms of creating rules for deriving file(s) from other
file(s), where ant describes tasks.

I think it is fine to use ant to invoke the global build, but that make
should be used for the C build.  Perhaps ant can build the configuration
files used by make?  Something similar to what "configure" does?

--
  Thorbjørn