harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: portlib functionality
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 09:18:05 GMT
Marina,

Marina Goldburt wrote:
> Tim, Paulex,
>
>> Will look at the file locking later...And I'm sure there are other
>> things worthing evaluation to be portlib extension.
>
> And what is the way to extend the portlib functionality? If we add all
> the
> missing functions to the HyPortLibrary structure, the structure will grow
> awfully. And, as I understand, every change in the structure leads to vm
> recompilation.
Totally agree with you that the portlib modification is serious, so I
think the extension should be considered and discussed on the mailing
list carefully at first...

> I can prepare a patch that moves platform-dependent file I/O
> operations from
> luni/luni to luni/port submodule. Is it will be useful?
That of course will be useful, thank you for the initiative. But it will
be even better if you, before creating the patch,  propose your plan on
the mailing list at first:)

--
Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab