harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Testing conventions - a proposal
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 03:54:28 GMT
Richard Liang wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> After read through the document recommended by Alex, I think TestNG
> can really meet our requirement. It provides much flexibility for test
> configuration. ;-)
>
> If we decide to transfer to TestNG, we shall:
>
> 1. Identify Harmony testing strategy. (It's not easy)
> 2. Define TestNG suite/groups to reflect Harmony testing strategy
> 3. Decide to use Java 5 Annotations or Java 1.4 JavaDoc annotations
Any difference between using 1.4 doclet or 5.0 annotation? If we use
Java 1.4 so far, can we migrate to annotation easily?
> 4. Convert all JUnit tests to TestNG tests (TestNG provides a tool
> "org.testng.JUnitConverter" for migrating from JUnit, but it seems
> that the tool has a bug  :-P )
I'm sorry, but...what the bug looks like? I think it is important
because we have so many JUnit tests already, it will be a big concern of
the TestNG solution if we have not tool to migrate.

Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab
IBM