harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Liang <richard.lian...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Testing conventions - a proposal
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 03:24:02 GMT
Hello All,

After read through the document recommended by Alex, I think TestNG can
really meet our requirement. It provides much flexibility for test
configuration. ;-)

If we decide to transfer to TestNG, we shall:

1. Identify Harmony testing strategy. (It's not easy)
2. Define TestNG suite/groups to reflect Harmony testing strategy
3. Decide to use Java 5 Annotations or Java 1.4 JavaDoc annotations
4. Convert all JUnit tests to TestNG tests (TestNG provides a tool
"org.testng.JUnitConverter" for migrating from JUnit, but it seems that
the tool has a bug  :-P )
5. Choose a module to run a pilot

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Richard.

Richard Liang
China Software Development Lab, IBM