harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][testing] excluding the failed tests
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 18:00:27 GMT
Vladimir Ivanov wrote:
> More details: it is
> org/apache/harmony/security/tests/java/security/SecureRandom2Test.java
> test.
> At present time it has 2 failing tests with messages about SHA1PRNG
> algorithm (no support for SHA1PRNG provider).
> Looks like it is valid tests for non implemented functionality, but, I'm
> not
> sure what to do with such TestCase(s): comment these 2 tests or move them
> into separate TestCase.
> Ideas?

I'd prefer that we only use one mechanism for excluding tests, and today
that is the excludes clause in the ant script.  So I suggest that you do
option (4) below.

If there are really useful tests that are being unnecessarily excluded
by being in the same *Test class, then you may want to consider moving
the failing tests into SecureRandom3Test and excluding that -- but by
the sound of it all SecureRandom tests will be failing.

> By the way, probably, it worth reviewing *all* excluded TestCases and:
> 1.      Unexclude if all tests pass.
> 2.      Report bug and provide patch for test to make it passing if it
> failed due to bug in test.
> 3.      Report bug (and provide patch) for implementation to make tests
> passing, if it was/is bug in implementation and no such issue in JIRA.
> 4.      Specify reasons for excluding TestCases in exclude list to make
> further clean-up process easier.
> 5.      Review results of this exclude list clean-up activity and then
> decide what to do with the rest failing tests.
>
> I can do it starting next week. Do you think it worth doing?
> Thanks, Vladimir

Sounds great, thanks Vladimir.

Regards,
Tim