harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] milestones and roadmap (round 1 summary)
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 17:22:18 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> I think this captures the input so far w/ a minimum of editorializing on
> my part for now :)  let me know if anything was left off, or if there
> are new things to be added

It would be good to expand on some of these topics with specific tasks,
then put them on the website so people can see what needs doing (and
volunteer!)

<snip>

> Ports
> =====
> - em64t platform support
> - ipf platform support
> - amd64
> - linux/ppc64
> - osx/intel
> - osx/ppc

...and more and more.  Again, a plan of how we start to widen the
platform coverage a factor at a time (add 64-bitness,
little-endian-ness, weak memory model, non-ascii, ...)

> Community
> =========
> - make things accessible to users
>
> - increase commmitter pool
>
> - get out of incubator
>   -- I think it's too early now, and we aren't "suffering"
>      being in here, so I'd prefer to drop this one...

I don't see it as a case of 'suffering' or not, if we meet the criteria
for graduation then we should go for it.

Graduation means that our "infrastructure, communications, and decision
making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other
successful ASF projects" and that "the project is fully endorsed by the
ASF" -- they sound like things we should aim for.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)