harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [drlvm] verification of classfile format
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 16:26:35 GMT
As part of the work surrounding the HARMONY-677 (r419557), getting DRLVM
to deal with Java5 classfile format,  I noticed that DRLVM doesn't
appear to give a hoot what version of the classfile it's chewing on.  It
just goes until something blows up.

I was comparing to j9, which gives a UnsupportedClassVersionError.
DRLVM should do the same of course, and it makes me worry what else it
outght to be doing - if we don't understand the version of the class
file, how can we read it dependably?

I was reading down through j.l.ClassLoader and natives, and given the
dearth of comments, didn't quite grok where a good place to start doing
some verification would be...  Maybe I missed it.  Can anyone give me a