harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r419557 - in /incubator/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/vm: interpreter/src/interpreter.cpp vmcore/src/init/vm.cpp vmcore/src/jit/jit_runtime_support.cpp vmcore/src/verifier/Verifier.cpp
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 16:20:30 GMT

Mark Hindess wrote:
> On 6 July 2006 at 10:36, Geir Magnusson Jr <geir@pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> Ivan Volosyuk wrote:
>>
>>> It is good to see that we finally have java1.5 support in
>>> DRLVM.  One small question, why my authorship was discarded from
>>> interpreter.cpp? :)
>> Nothing personal - just a habit...  I'm just nipping off author tags
>> as I go along ...
>
> Didn't this used to be ASF policy?  I thought I recall hearing (at
> ApacheCon) that this had changed and that authorship tags were now
> allowed.

The always were allowed.  The board once recommended against them and
sometimes recommendations get mis-interpreted as laws.

>> ... as this code belongs to all of us.
>
> Agreed.
>
>> Maybe it's time to revisit this - does anyone really want them?
>
> Personally, no.  I don't like them.  If you put one name in then
> everyone who edits it should be entitled to add their name and that just
> gets out of hand.

Exactly.  What we'll do is make an authors file in root so that everyone
gets credit for contribution.  We don't ever want to leave anyone out -
credit where credit due...

> As you say the code belongs to all of us.

Or

"All your code are belong to us"