harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <thunderax...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Visual Studio C++ Express to compile classlib - fails.
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 11:39:09 GMT
Oliver Deakin skrev  den 27-06-2006 12:25:
> Do you mean the header files in deploy/include? If so, the reason they
> are copied
> there is so that they are in a shared location for all modules. (In
> fact it's the same
> reason that libs are built into deploy/lib and makefile includes are
> copied into
> deploy/build/make).
So it is basically a platform agnostic symbolic link?

Personally I do not like doing it so, would it be possible to do it with
-I's instead so we do not have redundant copies lying around?

> As a consequence, they could also *only* checkout the module they are
> interested in, rather than the whole of classlib/trunk, and still be
> able to rebuild
> their altered code.
I have heard this discussion, but I am not convinced that having lots of
different building enviroments is a good idea.

I can however also appreciate tolerable build times :)