harmony-dev mailing list archives

From George Harley <george.c.har...@googlemail.com>
Subject [classlib][regex] Acknowledgement of Unicode Character Database
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 11:10:35 GMT
Hi,

Just noticed that the source file java.util.regex.AbstractCharClass in
modules/regex contains the following Javadoc comment for the
PredefinedCharacterClasses inner class:

/**
 * character classes generated from
 * http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr18/
 * http://www.unicode.org/Public/4.1.0/ucd/Blocks.txt
 */

According to the terms of use for Blocks.txt file we need to be
including the Unicode Inc. copyright notice somewhere in our
documentation. As we do not appear to be doing this currently I would
like to propose that we add the following into the file
enhanced/classlib/THIRD_PARTY_NOTICES.txt:

-------------------START------------------------------

Notice for Unicode Character Database
=====================================

Copyright © 1991-2005 Unicode, Inc. All rights reserved. Distributed
under the Terms of Use in http://www.unicode.org/copyright.html.

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a
copy of the Unicode data files and any associated documentation (the
"Data Files") or Unicode software and any associated documentation (the
"Software") to deal in the Data Files or Software without restriction,
including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge,
publish, distribute, and/or sell copies of the Data Files or Software,
and to permit persons to whom the Data Files or Software are furnished
to do so, provided that (a) the above copyright notice(s) and this
permission notice appear with all copies of the Data Files or Software,
(b) both the above copyright notice(s) and this permission notice appear
in associated documentation, and (c) there is clear notice in each
modified Data File or in the Software as well as in the documentation
associated with the Data File(s) or Software that the data or software
has been modified.

THE DATA FILES AND SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF
ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND
NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT
HOLDER OR HOLDERS INCLUDED IN THIS NOTICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, OR
ANY SPECIAL INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER
RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF
CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN
CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE DATA FILES OR SOFTWARE.

Except as contained in this notice, the name of a copyright holder shall
not be used in advertising or otherwise to promote the sale, use or
other dealings in these Data Files or Software without prior written
authorization of the copyright holder.

Please holler if you think that there is a problem with this addition.

Best regards,
George