harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Uncertain behavior of new Socket("0.0.0.0", 1099);
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:58:37 GMT
Hi Mikhail,

I don't think this description of DatagramSocket constructor is
somehow applicable to the Victor's example. In this description we
deal with *local* address to bind DatagramSocket to (to receive
DatagramPackets). But in the example above 0.0.0.0 is used as a
*destination* address for plain Socket to establish a connection to.
This is the completely different case IMHO. BTW, I'm not sure it is
possible to establish a connection to a wildcard address.

Regards,

--
Alexei Zakharov,
Intel Middleware Product Division