harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] HARMONY-820 (beautifying of java.beans classes)
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 08:52:21 GMT
Hi,

I agree with your suggestion - we may throw away both variables. I
just have missed this. About spaces after "if" please see [1]. This
was my code style guide. BTW, this seems to be a nice question. Do we
have some "officially approved" style guide in Harmony?

[1] http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConventions.doc7.html#682

2006/7/11, Mikhail Loenko <mloenko@gmail.com>:
> Hi Alexei
>
> Why do you think that your proposed style:
>     public Object get(Object oldInstance) {
>         ObjectNode node;
>         Object result;
>
>         if (oldInstance == null) {
>             return null;
>         }
>
>         node = nodes.get(oldInstance);
>         result = getValue(node);
>
>         return result;
>     }
>
> is more transparent than original one:
>     public Object get(Object oldInstance) {
>         if(oldInstance == null) {
>             return null;
>         }
>
>         ObjectNode node = (ObjectNode) nodes.get(oldInstance);
>         Object result = getValue(node);
>         return result;
>     }
>

> I'd rather change it something like this way:
>     public Object get(Object oldInstance) {
>         if(oldInstance == null) {
>             return null;
>         }
>
>         return getValue( (ObjectNode) nodes.get(oldInstance) );
>     }
> At least I'd get rid of the 'result' variable
>

> Thanks,
> Mikhail

Alexei Zakharov,
Intel Middleware Product Division