harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Gorr" <vvg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][classlib] unification of eclipse plugin
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:16:57 GMT

> Vladimir Gorr wrote:
> > On 7/22/06, Geir Magnusson Jr <geir@pobox.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm going to punt here so I can move on.
> >>
> >> I'll make a copy of the plugin code in DRLVM, and apply the patch, so
> we
> >

> > All you're going (if I've correctly understood) to is automatically
> > performed by the DRLVM build system.
> > All we need is to remove the VM specific code from the Eclipse launcher
> > use it by any of VMs.
> > In this case there are no needs to have this patch and we'll remove it.
> Are
> > you agree with such approach?
>

> I'm not quite sure what you're saying.
>
> What I want to do is remove the patch, and remove the patching action by
> the DRLVM build system.  I then want to have the DRLVM build stop
> fetching the terabyte of eclipse SDK that it does now (we have a JIRA to
> fix that).  But I didn't want to break anyone who happens to be using
> the eclipse plugin for DRLVM.

However, this is impossible w/o some our changes for the Eclipse plug in.

My suggestion is simple. I'd like Tim looked at our changes (*
drlvm\trunk\build\patches\hyplugin.patch*)

and apply them if there are no objections. It seems I need to create new
JIRA issue (for convenience)

and attach the slightly-modified patch taking into account renaming ij to
java. Does it make sense?

After the Eclipse plug in will be modified we can remove the patching
action.

Thanks,

Vladimir.

So I was going to bring the code for the eclipse plugin from classlib