harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Gorr" <vvg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vm-kernel][testing] Where to put VM-agnostic tests for kernel classes?
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 09:18:57 GMT
On 7/7/06, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 7 July 2006 at 12:55, "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I know the topic of test layouts is too popular here, but let me offer
> > some more grounds :)
> >
> > I think classlib tests should include a suite for VM-independent
> > kernel tests, like recently created testcases in H-765 and H-721. The
> > latter has gone to drlvm/vm/tests/smoke suite, which also has a number
> > of good candidates for moving to a common place.
> >
> > I see classlib/luni-kernel as the most natural location for now, but
> > maybe it worths a separate module altogether?
>
> Yes.  I think tests that should pass on any VM's kernel classes should
> live in the classlib modules (luni-kernel or security-kernel).

Agree. However we should have the possibility to run the class library tests
against any VM.

AFAIK we cannot provide this thing right now (java launcher requests the
clearvm library).

All class library tests are run under J9 as default VM. I'd be not bad to
start running these tests

against DRLVM as well. Otherwise the tests for the JIRA issues mentioned in
this thread

will be useless if we put them on the class lib modules. Correct?

Thanks,

Vladimir.