harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Breaking awt native build?
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:36:11 GMT

Anyone object if I break the awt native build (the part that currently
only runs when call ant with -Dwith.awt.swing=true)?  (More specifically
the windows build - I'm hoping to not break the linux part although
it is pretty complicated so perhaps I will.)

The reason is that I'm doing the AWT native integration, I've just about
done the linux version and I'd rather like to check it in before I start
on the windows code.  The problem is that moving the shared natives
breaks the windows version until I do the integration for that too.  (I
can't say exactly how much time the windows integration will take but it
should be days not weeks.)

The other alternatives are:

a) I backout the moves I've done and use svn copy instead but this
complicates the history.

b) I create a branch but again this complicates the history.

c) I don't check in the linux integration until the window integration
is complete but there is quite a bit of work here and I'd like to get
some of it checked in.

P.S. It should still be possible to get the windows dll's to build if
they are required before I can do the integration by rolling back just
the modules/awt_swing_contribution tree and calling directly after a

  ant -f modules/awt_swing_contribution/modules/awt/make/build.xml \