harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Breaking awt native build?
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:36:11 GMT

Anyone object if I break the awt native build (the part that currently
only runs when call ant with -Dwith.awt.swing=true)?  (More specifically
the windows build - I'm hoping to not break the linux part although
it is pretty complicated so perhaps I will.)

The reason is that I'm doing the AWT native integration, I've just about
done the linux version and I'd rather like to check it in before I start
on the windows code.  The problem is that moving the shared natives
breaks the windows version until I do the integration for that too.  (I
can't say exactly how much time the windows integration will take but it
should be days not weeks.)

The other alternatives are:

a) I backout the moves I've done and use svn copy instead but this
complicates the history.

b) I create a branch but again this complicates the history.

c) I don't check in the linux integration until the window integration
is complete but there is quite a bit of work here and I'd like to get
some of it checked in.

Comments/Suggestions?

Regards,
 Mark.

P.S. It should still be possible to get the windows dll's to build if
they are required before I can do the integration by rolling back just
the modules/awt_swing_contribution tree and calling directly after a
build:

  ant -f modules/awt_swing_contribution/modules/awt/make/build.xml \
      build.native