harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] debug compilation as default
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 06:28:36 GMT

On 5 July 2006 at 19:46, Geir Magnusson Jr <geir@pobox.com> wrote:

> In HARMONY-681, I applied the patch to build DRLVM as debug by
> default, but 'rejected' the classlib patch, as it's not overridable as
> the DRLVM one is.
>
> I think that we'd like to be able to set a flag for release build,
> rather than have to rummage about in each makefile and include.
>
> Yea? Nea?

I looked at this patch and thought the same thing.  It should be quite
easy to add an ant property that gets converted to an environment
variable[0] - as hy.hdk does - that gets added to the *FLAGS.  And the
patch was right, it should default to "debug on".

Regards,
-Mark.

[0] Maybe two - one for compilation and one for linking.