harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Volosyuk" <ivan.volos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r419557 - in /incubator/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/vm: interpreter/src/interpreter.cpp vmcore/src/init/vm.cpp vmcore/src/jit/jit_runtime_support.cpp vmcore/src/verifier/Verifier.cpp
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 16:05:33 GMT
On 7/6/06, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 6 July 2006 at 10:36, Geir Magnusson Jr <geir@pobox.com> wrote:
> > Ivan Volosyuk wrote:
> >
> > > It is good to see that we finally have java1.5 support in
> > > DRLVM.  One small question, why my authorship was discarded from
> > > interpreter.cpp? :)
> >
> > Nothing personal - just a habit...  I'm just nipping off author tags
> > as I go along ...
> Didn't this used to be ASF policy?  I thought I recall hearing (at
> ApacheCon) that this had changed and that authorship tags were now
> allowed.
> > ... as this code belongs to all of us.
> Agreed.
> > Maybe it's time to revisit this - does anyone really want them?
> Personally, no.  I don't like them.  If you put one name in then
> everyone who edits it should be entitled to add their name and that just
> gets out of hand.

There authors tags was quite useful in DRLVM development to find
person responsible for certain component or source file. If it was
difficult to fix a bug or implement some feature related to some
subcomponent I usually contacted the author of a file to do the job or
to help me get through.
May be it doesn't makes sense in the open community like harmony.

A little bit upset, that I'm no longer mentioned as author of the
interpreter.cpp, it was quite a bit of work; not perfect I know.

Btw, I have a few bug fixes. Shell I post it to harmony-dev for
discussion or just submit its to JIRA?