harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@kc.rr.com>
Subject RE: [classlib] trying new framework for testing serialization
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 23:00:20 GMT

The field java.io.File.separatorChar varies from platform to platform "\" on
windows, "/" on Unix/Linux/etc and is intended for file system use. The
resource paths of a class loader use the separator "/"; it doesn't vary by
platform. The ClassLoader is probably being agreeable and letting this code
get away with it, but it's not required to.

-Nathan