harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Anton Luht" <anton.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [apps] azureus (was Re: [testing] AWT, Swing Java2D)
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 11:38:28 GMT
Good day,

I've tried to run Azureus, too, and saw all those problems (no SSL
provider, NotYetBoundException), too.

I've also seen messages
'VirtualChannelSelector.select() op called with null selector'

Digging the code I've found that the problem is that Selector.open()
returns null (not null in RI)

Test case is:

public class Test {
      System.err.println(java.nio.channels.Selector.open() != null ?
         "PASSED" : "FAILED");
    }
}

I've built RE manually using today SVN snapshot (412715) and
Harmony-vme-win.IA32-v3.zip as described in Harmony documentation

On 6/6/06, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 5 June 2006 at 19:07, "R.J. Lorimer" <rjlorimer@coffee-bytes.com> wrote:
> > For the record (I didn't gather this anywhere from this discussion),
> >
> > Azureus (while being a very non-trivial and cool Java application), is
> > not written in AWT/Swing, it is written with SWT (the same as Eclipse).
> > It's probably a good application to interact with for testing, but it's
> > not an AWT/Swing test.
>
> So I theory, this might run now!
>
> I tried running it but get lots of error output like:
>
> DEBUG::Tue Jun 06 08:29:39 BST 2006::com.aelitis.azureus.core.networkmanager.impl.VirtualBlockingServerChannelSelector::accept_loop::138:
>    VirtualBlockingServerChannelSelector$1::runSupport::85,AEThread::run::69
> java.nio.channels.NotYetBoundException
>        at org.apache.harmony.nio.internal.ServerSocketChannelImpl.accept(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:125)
>        at com.aelitis.azureus.core.networkmanager.impl.VirtualBlockingServerChannelSelector.accept_loop(VirtualBlockingServerChannelSelector.java:129)
>        at com.aelitis.azureus.core.networkmanager.impl.VirtualBlockingServerChannelSelector$1.runSupport(VirtualBlockingServerChannelSelector.java:85)
>        at org.gudy.azureus2.core3.util.AEThread.run(AEThread.java:69)
>
> Definitely seems like a good thing to get working - it certainly
> exercises quite a bit of the networking code.
>
> Regards,
>  Mark.
>
> > Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen wrote:
> > >
> > > I second that.  Just downloaded the latest, and it is defintiively a
> > > non-trivial application, which also knows how to open holes in uPnP
> > > firewalls etc, has custom look-and-feel and very evidently is
> > > multithreaded.

Regards,
Anton Luht,
Intel Middleware Products Division