harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Anton Luht" <anton.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] AWT, Swing Java2D
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 17:21:15 GMT
Good day,

> This is good approach and I can't imagine why not. Another approach is – I
>
> tried every Apache Java project in Google to see how many references are
> found.
>
> Here are results:
>
> Apache Directory project  19 200 000

Those three words are so common that some of those results are
irrelevant to the subject of your search :)

I've noted that most applications people suggest here for testing are
for developers. They're either IDE or application servers or
development frameworks. I've looked at the list of most popular
projects on SourceForge
(http://sourceforge.net/top/topalltime.php?type=downloads) and found
at least one project that  was never mentioned in this list: Azureus
(a BitTorent client). It has 118,5 millions of downloads and scores
8,700,000 in Google search.

This may be a good candidate for bringing Harmony to people who don't
care what their applications run on.
--
Regards,
Anton Luht,