harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Anton Luht" <anton.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] logging from within our implementation
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 10:41:15 GMT

I've suggested BCEL but not ASM because it is an Apache product and
its license certainly fits Harmony and the author tells that he used
BCEL before.

I've used it a couple of times and everything worked just fine. No
code corruptions ever happened. It is mentioned in Sun Developer
Network JavaOne Online Technical Sessions. Seems like it's a mature
tool (even judging by version - 5.1 :) ).

On 6/1/06, Alexei Zakharov <alexei.zakharov@gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as I understand they use ObjectWEb ASM rather than BCEL in
> their example. But in any case, this approach implies trust in these
> code-manipulation libraries. Does it stable enough? Can't it produce
> corrupted byte-code?

Anton Luht,
Intel Middleware Products Division