harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r416738 - /incubator/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/init/bootclasspath.properties
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 11:23:20 GMT
> Magnusson, Geir wrote:
> > Its an element of uncertainty because if you change the load order, surprises can
happen.

> I'm confused?  The stubs do not participate in the bootclasspath order,
> which is defined by the properties file.
I think that we can easily avoid the problem mentioned by Geir by
hardcoding the jar with VM kernel classes to the first place in the
boot class path.
I mean that VM can load kernel.jar or whatever first and then read
bootclasspath.properties, check parameters or whatever.

--
Alexey A. Petrenko
Intel Middleware Products Division