harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r416738 - /incubator/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/init/bootclasspath.properties
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 20:30:21 GMT
You are correct if we are talking about stable pair of vm and
classlib. In this case nobody interested in the way of defining the
default bootclasspath for the vm.

But in our case the list of jars is changing almost every day.
And I think we are really need a common and easy way to define the
list of jars for the boot class path for all the VMs.

In other case we will need to open JIRA issues like this against each
VM after each classlibrary layout change.

Property file is one of the possible solutions here. Another possible
solution is to load all the jars from the boot directory. We can
invent number of different techniques but we need to support on of
them by all the VMs...

It's just my vision :)

SY, Alexey