harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib] [build] Precompiled libraries (was: awt and swing integration issues)
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 12:39:02 GMT
> 2006/6/18, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com>:
> > a) It will break everyone build unless they have all the dependencies
> > (libjpeg, libpng, and liblcms) in the right place.  I want to give
> > people time to discuss how to handle this.  On linux, these packages
> > are very common so we really should use the installed dynamic libraries
> > if possible.  Using liblcms and libjpeg should be easy since they both
> > use "pkg-config" (as in "pkg-config --cflags lcms" and "pkg-config
> > --libs lcms") if their development packages are installed.  We'll need
> > collect details of the required packages for different distributions.
> > Debian packages are liblcms1-dev, libjpeg-dev (virtual package) and
> > libpng12-dev.  Anyone fill in the gaps for other distributions?
> >
> > Not sure what to do on windows. libjpeg and libpng seem to be available
> > in the MinGW Package repository at:
> >
> >  http://mingwrep.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > Anyone tried using these to meet the requirements on Windows?
> I've compared libraries available through MinGW with AWT requirements...
> The only library which meets the requirements is libjpeg.
> libpng is too old.
> lcms is not available.
>
> So we should try to find another place to get the libraries or... add
> this libraries to MinGW :)

Guys,

in general...
Is it possible to precompile needed libraries and put it somewhere on
the Harmony's website? Do download them through depends.xml...

As a workaround we can download source archives from the original
sites of the libraries and then build them from the Harmony build
script.

SY, Alexey

--
Alexey A. Petrenko