harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stack Overflow Error support issues
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:42:50 GMT
On 6/28/06, Pavel Afremov <pavel.n.afremov@gmail.com> wrote:

> size_t get_available_stack_size()and
>
> bool check_available_stack_size(size_t required_size).
>

> The first is used in the second to make required check and the second used
> to check, that there are 256 Kbytes of free stack, before starting
> compilation.
>
> So I can add both this functions into open interface and put a patch into
> JIRA.
>

> Will this solution be OK for all components?

I think this solution will work for a complex JIT.  If these functions are
available it becomes possible to profile all JIT  algorithms to get
max-stack-needed/per-IR-node-or-inst numbers and use these numbers in JIT
before every optimization or into some particular optimization points.

Also I propose to wait a little with the patch, may be some better solutions
will be found in this thread..

--
Mikhail Fursov