harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Axel Nielsen <erika...@stud.ntnu.no>
Subject [testing] AWT, Swing Java2D
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 09:12:45 GMT
Hi,

Not sure if I should post this under testing, but here goes.

Next spring I will be TA/organizer of "Object oriented programming"
at my university. This course is followed by approximately 500
students. To make this course a little more interesting for the
students the last assignment involves making a game. The students do
this in groups making ~100 different games. If anyone wants to see
the games for this year go to [1]. The page is in Norwegian but it
should be possible to understand enough to download the jars anyway.
The quality varies a LOT but 207, 109 and 804 are good at least.

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that being students, and being 500
they cover a big part of Swing/Java 2D and even Java 3D. Especially
they use things the way it wasn't meant to be used. As long as it
works it's OK with them. If Harmony has managed to make an easy
download that they can try their game on I think it would be a nice
way to check how compliant Harmony is with RI. This is not testing
per se, but more like a good quality check I think.  With a little
bit of cooperation with the professors it could even be an optional
part of the assignment.

Anyone with thoughts about this?

-- Erik Axel

[1] http://tdt4100.idi.ntnu.no/prosjekt/spill/