harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Marina Goldburt" <marina.v.goldb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]hythreads implementation
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:53:14 GMT
Hi,

> The IBM VME doesn't use Harmony's thread library (there is a remarkably
> similar library in the VM subdir called j9thr23).
>
> And,of course, if other VM's want to use their own thread library they
> are free to do so.

And if the both VM use their own thread library, maybe it's more correctly
to let the library be a part of VM, not classlib?

> So, the question : Why we have so much code in the hythreads module if
> > nobody neads it?
>
> The honest answer is, not all the thread library code is needed by
> classlib -- but it forms a comprehensive library for any VM / classlib /
> tools development.

Actually, I'm interested in porting classlib to em64t platform and the
hythread library is the most compex part to port. And if the library isn't
used, I'm confused how can I port and test it?

Marina

Regards,