harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Marina Goldburt" <marina.v.goldb...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib]hythreads implementation
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 06:08:33 GMT
Hi,

I've noticed such a strange thing when examined drlvm building process. The
drlvm replaces hythreads shared library with its own simple implementation
based on APR. The drlvm hythreads library exports less than 1/2
functions comparing with the original hythr.dll.

I thought the rest of functions are used by J9 VM, but replacing hythread
classlib implementation with the slightly modified drlvm one doesn't lead to
problems (all tests passed with j9 vm too).

So, the question : Why we have so much code in the hythreads module if
nobody neads it?

Marina