harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Loenko" <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib] [testing] math2 tests
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 06:05:00 GMT
I've found an issue similar to rmi tests[1]

There is a method BigDecimal.subtract(BigDecimal,MathContext), its
implementation in math2 consists of 30 lines

Implementation does not perform any heavy math: I've counted 5
possible execution paths, different branches are calling
BigInteger.multiply,
BigInteger.subtract, new BigDecimal, and couple more methods.

The test against that method has 2198 generated test cases looking like the
following:

public void testSubtractMathContextXXXX() {
    bigDec= new BigDecimal("...");
    BigDecimal bigDec2= new BigDecimal("...");
    assertEquals(msgNotSame, new BigDecimal("..."),
            bigDec.subtract(bigDec2,new MathContext(...)));
}

Do we need that many tests for this method?

Thanks,
Mikhail

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200605.mbox/%3c906dd82e0605290601j5f8d43b7x59d1344cb819127f@mail.gmail.com%3e