harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: [svn] PROPFIND errors on SVN repository-- please advise
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:03:45 GMT
On 6/29/06, bootjvm <bootjvm@earthlink.net> wrote:

> All,
>
> Has anyone seen this SVN error before?  Please advise:
>
>   % svn _something_ ...
>   svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/some/file'
>   svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/some/file' could not
> connect to server (https://svn.apache.org)
>   %
>
> So I tried a simple checkout of the top-level README file:
>
>   % svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/README
> README
>   svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/README' could not connect
> to server (https://svn.apache.org)
>   %
>
> followed by non-secure HTTP route,
>
>   % svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/README
> README
>   svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/README'
>   svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/README': 302 found
> (https://svn.apache.org)
>   %

You can't check out a file, it's a dumb error, but that's what that means...

> This happened to me last night, so I decided to wait until this morning for
> the
> error to clear, but it persists.  Any hints?  I have never had any trouble
> accessing SVN before...

Well, I hate to say it, but have you tried any of the usual kind of
tests when you can't connect to an http server?  Can you browse it in
a browser?  Can you ping the machine?  Can you telnet in via port 80?
Those errors about not being able to connect to the server sound like
connectivity problems to me...

-garrett