harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Afremov" <pavel.n.afre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stack Overflow Error support issues
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:13:03 GMT
Mikhail.

During my experiments I already added two functions into DRLVM:

size_t get_available_stack_size()and

bool check_available_stack_size(size_t required_size).

The first is used in the second to make required check and the second used
to check, that there are 256 Kbytes of free stack, before starting
compilation.

So I can add both this functions into open interface and put a patch into
JIRA.

Will this solution be OK for all components?

 2. If StackOverflowError is thrown during the first two commands of
> compiled method, function "unwind "of the JIT cannot always unwind frame
> correctly.

What do you think about this issue?

Thanks.

Pavel Afremov.