harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Ivanov" <ivavladi...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][testing] excluding the failed tests
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:02:03 GMT
Hi,
Working with tests I noticed that we are excluding some tests just because
several tests from single TestCase fail.

For example, the TestCase 'tests.api.java.lang.StringTest' has 60 tests and
only 2 of them fails. But the build excludes the whole TestCase and we just
miss testing of java.lang.String implementation.

Do we really need to exclude TestCases in 'ant test' target?

My suggestion is: do not exclude any tests until it crashes VM.
If somebody needs a list of tests that always passed a separated target can
be added to build.

Do you think we should add target 'test-all' to the build?
 Thanks, Vladimir