harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Ivanov" <ivavladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] AWT, Swing Java2D
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 04:41:41 GMT
> http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Apache_Commons
> http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/ClassLibrary

Good pages, thank you!

Do we have an idea what we are doing with the results? – I mean, to make
sure people

know the list of unimplemented API required to run Apache Commons and start
with

implementation of this API (if someone wants to write API, but does not know
what to start with).

> Initially I decided what packages to look at by finding the packages
> (in Debian) that the most other packages depended on.  So many of
> them were Apache Commons packages that I then decided to start with
> those.  If no one beats me to it, I'll be going back to the debian
> most-depended-upon-packages list when I finish the Commons packages.

This is good approach and I can't imagine why not. Another approach is – I

tried every Apache Java project in Google to see how many references are
found.

Here are results:

Apache Directory project  19 200 000

Apache Jakarta 17 400 000

Apache Ant 10 700 000

Apache Cocoon 5 750 000

Apache FOP 2 610 000

Apache Derby 2 030 000

Apache Forrest 1 900 000

Apache Maven 1 370 000

Apache ECS 1 320 000

Apache Batik 937 000

Apache Beehive 639 000

Apache Jackrabbit 356 000

Apache Hadoop 85 000

….

So, Jakarta Commons looks like a good choice J

> Incidentally if anyone wants to investigate any of the Commons packages
> perhaps you could mark up the wiki page to say you are looking at it.
> (I will do the same.)

OK.

First, I want to complete investigations with Harmony unit tests coverage

(and list of classes to exclude from Emma instrumentation), then, will get

back to the page.

 Thanks,

   Vladimir