harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Merging frameworks for testing serialization - first step
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:30:52 GMT
On 6/26/06, Tim Ellison wrote:

> Stepan Mishura wrote:

> >> 'TestCase'

> new

> >> Looks good, just a couple of minor comments:
> >>
> >> - You might as well move them (or duplicate them) to an
> >> org.apache.harmony. package while you are moving things around, since
> we
> >> want to get rid of tests.util as a package name.
> >
> > 'Them' means tests, right?
>
> Sorry, I actually meant the testing framework itself.  The doc says
>
>    "The testing framework provides support class
>     tests.util.SerializationTest  for serialization testing."
>
> I figured it would be easier to put them in the right place.

Ops..., sorry. I thought about replacing SerializationTester and
accidentally put its package name. It should say:
" The testing framework provides support class
org.apache.harmony.testframework.serialization.SerializationTest for
serialization testing."

I fixed the doc in r417196. Looks better now? :-)

> - Please will you ensure that the Manifests are updated accordingly so
> >> that the world is not broken.
> >

> > Sure, I will try.
> >
> > - Not sure about the word 'golden' to mean 'reference' data, when we
> >> could just use reference, but whatever.
> >
> > In the method names or resource file name? Or both?
>
> Ideally both, it just seems like jargon -- but I realize that such
> renaming doesn't really 'advance the cause', so whatever you think.

I'm OK with 'reference' and currently 'golden' can be easily replaced with
it. Otherwise after we rename everything it will be not so simple.

Thanks,
Stepan.

Regards,