harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r415681 - in /incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/auth: build.xml make/build.xml make/common/ make/hyproperties.xml
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:23:24 GMT
On 6/21/06, Mark Hindess wrote:

> On 21 June 2006 at 10:35, "Stepan Mishura" wrote:
> >
> > Hi Mark,
> >
> > I believe that 'move' means copying file with its revisions history.
> This
> > can be done by 'svn move'. You did this for 'hyproperties.xml' file but
> not
> > for 'build.xml' file. Why? Yes, it is possible to figure out from its
> > initial revision (415681) what was the origin. But I prefer to have
> unbroken
> > revisions history.
>
> I probably should have provided more information on the commit message.
> Sorry.
>
> The "move" (as discussed on the "Simplifying..." thread) actually took
> all but a few lines of _both_:
>
> make/common/build.xml, and
> make/common/build.xml

Did you mean
make/common/build.xml, and
make/build.xml

I don't believe there is a way to keep the history of both and keeping
> history of just one would probably have been equally confusing.

Yes, you are right there is no such way. But I expected that
make/common/build.xml would be the origin for module's build.xml.

> Happy to take suggestions on what you think I should have done.

May be I missed something in the "Simplifying..." thread so I expected to
see something like:
'svn move make/common/build.xml build.xml' + some edits in moved build.xml

IMHO, it makes easer to track what was changed.

Thanks,
Stepan.

Regards,