harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][testing]resource files: location and usage
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 08:52:22 GMT
On 6/20/06, Vladimir Ivanov wrote:

> Thanks Stepan,
>
> 1. The decision about other resource files is: they should be stored into
> "src/test/resources/" without further naming convention. Right? – then,
> a)       Ideally, can we specify further (after src/test/resources/)
> naming
> convention for resource files as it is done for serialization files?

 Resource files for testing serialization is the first case. To work out
further conventions we should at least understand what kinds of resource
files are required for testing. For example, we may agree that resource
files for net-based tests should be put separately in 'net' sub-folder. And
I'd suggest  to put all other resources into 'other' folder
(i.esrc/test/resources/other).

b)       At least, specify that resource file name should contain test name
> – for easy resource file search?

Agree.

c)       Shouldn't we move content of "<trunk>/support/" into corresponding
> module's src/test/resources/ directories? – if yes, I can do it.

No. IIRC we agreed to move 'things' used across different modules to
"<trunk>/support/".

2. Can we add a link to the

> http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/ser_testing.htmldocument
> at the testing page?

Sure.

I want to create a script which checks that tests are stored as it is
> described on testing and serialization convention pages.

Yes, it'll be useful. But currently few resource files follow conventions
:-)

Thanks,
Stepan.

Thanks,