harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrey Chernyshev" <a.y.chernys...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM] building from svn on FC5
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 17:05:05 GMT
On 6/23/06, Naveen Neelakantam <neelakan@uiuc.edu> wrote:
> This issue has been fixed in log4cxx: http://issues.apache.org/jira/
> browser/LOGCXX-130.  Specifically, the fix was applied in r384272 of
> log4cxx.
>
> I did some digging around, and patched versions of domconfigurator.h
> and unicodehelper.h are contained in drlvm/trunk/build/patches/common/
> LOG4CXX/include/log4cxx.  If I copy these files over to the drlvm/
> trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_release/semis/extra/log4cxx/src/include/
> log4cxx directory, everything builds.

The "drlvm/trunk/build/patches" directory is used to store the patches
to the external libs like LOG4CXX. The contents of the "patches" dir
is automatically copied into the external sources tree by the build
before compilation. Therefore, you may have the situation than the
outdated versions of unicodehelper.h or domconfigurator.h in the
"patches" directory just replace the newer versions obtained from SVN.
If the latest versions of domconfigurator.h/unicodehelper.h are just
right, their patched versions just can be removed from the drlvm
build.

Thanks,
Andrey.