harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Axel Nielsen <erika...@stud.ntnu.no>
Subject Re: [testing] Re: AWT, Java2D and SWING contribution
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 07:41:14 GMT
Hi,

>> Very hard part. Colors used in Harmony are not equivalent to RI.
>> Therefore I expect that "as is" comparison will show that everything
>> is different :-). The entire component Look is not 100% copied, i.e.
>> position of the focus frame, look of the borders, etc. differ.
>> Besides, colors are theme-dependent and may differ for MetalTheme and
>> OceanTheme, for instance.

I think a possible way to partly test the wanted behaviour of our
Swing/AWT component will be to do a pixel compare using a third party
Look and Feel. A good one for this purpose could be jgoodies [1]. It
has several different L&Fs and they are all pretty complete.
I know this wouldn't test the L&Fs that Harmony are supposed to ship
(like Metal and Ocean?) but at least its a way to test the underlying
engine. All third party L&Fs should be identical on both Harmony and
RI, shouldn't they?

-- Erik Axel

[1] http://www.jgoodies.com