harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Visual Studio C++ Express to compile classlib - fails.
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 23:55:58 GMT

> >I used to build classlib successfully on WinXP with completely free
> >environment, that is MS VS.NET <http://vs.net/> 2005 Express, MS Platform
> SDK Server 2003 R2
> >and NASM from Cygwin (there is no free MASM with license which allows OSS
> >development, it can be found for local experiments on quite many sites).

Gregory,
    Not sure what you mean by "no free masm with license which allows OSS
development"...Version 8.0, compatible with VC++ 2005 Express is
downloadable for free from the Microsoft Download site...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7A1C9DA0-0510-44A2-B042-7EF370530C64&displaylang=en

   The clck-thru license does say something about not using it for
developing software to be commercially distributed, does that violate ?

    I also read your interesting experiments on the other linked
thread. Microsoft appears to have a new tool mt.exe to embed these
manifests:
    mt.exe -manifest someapp.exe.manifest -outputresource:someapp.exe;1
    ( 1 for .exe and 2 for .dll )

    Could be added as a post-build step.

Rana